Thursday, May 14, 2009

Home Renovations

I have been enjoying some home renovations. Actually they are necessary repairs left over from the leak. I decided to pull up the carpet – it was older than dirt anyway and had definitely seen better days – and replace it with tile. My ex said he would do the work for me. I went to Lowe’s and lo and behold they were having a sale on some beige tile that darn near matched what I have in the living/dining room. Tom picked it up in his van and pulled God only knows what lugging it onto the back porch. So he was down for a day or so. My friend, Barbara, came over one Sunday and we got all of the light things out of the room. Tom hired a helper and they moved the heavy stuff the next day. They did manage to find a place for everything but it was pretty tight. At least nothing had to live out in the garage. I couldn’t see sleeping on the futon for more than a night or two so Tom set up my bed in the dining room. I can’t say that I liked sleeping in the dining room. The noises were different and I kept waking up. I finally figured out that the battery run automatic air freshener was running out of its battery charge and making a spitting noise that was waking me up. Once that was taken care of sleeping in the dining room went much more smoothly. Riley didn’t care - as long as he could sleep beside me he was fine.

Notice the flashlight on the bed for reading in bed.














First Tom painted the room a very pretty light aqua green with white trim. Then the tiling began. After the tiling, Tom had to install the new baseboard. About two weeks later my beautiful room was finished. It really turned out nice. If you live in the Orlando area, I know a talented tile person who can make your room shine.

Here is my completed room. Isn't it beautiful?


My friend, Laura, was reading Craig’s List when she came upon a Dorset direct tie up floor loom for sale. I had been renting the Guild’s Dorset and weaving a table runner on it. Laura called me and I contacted the seller and picked up the loom the next evening in Casselberry. The loom looks like it is in perfect condition and I am really looking forward to weaving on it. My first
project is a gift for my friend, Jody’s, wedding.








I did finish the table runner and it looks wonderful on my table with my gold chairs.


I am still working on the GAAA and the Mystery Stole. My big project right now is a present for one of my accountants. She is pregnant and due the first of July so my little fingers have been flying. Stress in my crafts...

1 comment:

Topenchilada (Laura J) said...

Wow! I'm famous now. You mentioned me on your blog!!! LOL

Your bedroom looks fabulous! Your table runner is gorgeous!