Monday, March 31, 2008

Gallbladder Surgery




I finally - after babying it for 20 years - had my gallbladder removed March 18, 2008. Since I work for an international hospital corporation, I had the surgery at one of our surgery centers. I was so scared that I was afraid I might wet myself so the kind people at the surgery center loaded me up on a myriad of drugs :) This was a good thing before the surgery but not so good after. I went into surgery at 10:45 and came to around 3:30! As soon as you can go number one they send you out into the world. This is usually before you get deathly sick so they don't have to deal with it!! My son, Dean, came down to take care of me. I don't think I could have gotten through this without him. He was certainly a Godsend! Once I could finally toddle into the shower, this is what I found. The surgery center personnel had put a tattoo on my arm while I was an unconscious person!! What a bunch of goofs!!
I get my stitches - very itchy - out today and am certainly looking forward to that! I still can't lift anything heavier than a pair of shoes but at least I'll be me again!! And I am looking forward to eating fried chicken!!


No comments: