Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sea World's Aquatica 3-12-08






I live next door to Sea World in Orlando, FL and they sent me two free tickets to their new attraction, Aquatica. I took advantage of their generosity today and went to the park with my neighbor, J. It was FABULOUS!!!


The picture on the right is me at the entrance of the park. The plantings were gorgeous and very tropical.


The picture on the left is the Lazy River - a man-made river that you ride down in innertubes. The children's play area is very extensive with two large buckets that fill with water and overturn, periodically dumping water on happy little children and unsuspecting parents! There is also a Wave Pool where waves, growing in size and intensity, allow surfers to body surf to the shore. All around the Wave Pool (and the swimming pool next to it) is a man-made beach with beach chairs and chaise lounges all set for relaxing in the sun. The last picture is of me doing just that!! I highly recommend a visit to Aquatica the next time you are in Orlando!

No comments: