Thursday, September 18, 2008

My 60th. Birthday

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Yesterday makes 60 years that I have been on this planet! Anyone who tells you this begins your “golden” years hasn’t been here! I’ve got cataracts – can’t see; I’ve got tinnitus – can’t hear; I’ve got hypothyroidism – can’t lose weight; and I’ve got atrial fibrillation – heart jumps around in my chest like a fish out of water. None of those things remind me of golden anything… But I do have a wonderful son and his super wife and children. And I have very caring friends. Monday night I went over to J’s house for SFFF jello, strawberries and cupcakes. I had a lovely evening. My friend, M, MADE me a quilted bag! WITH a pocket inside of it! And she gave me two skeins of yummy sock yarn; a sock pattern for the specific yarn and a very cute needle sizer.







J and J had gotten me a wonderful basket – it had not arrived so they printed out the picture from the internet. I am looking forward to meeting it in person!


Tuesday night my neighbor, J, came over bearing DINNER – homemade corn chowder, 2 rolls, fruit/marshmallow salad AND birthday cake – and a gift! She made my card and it was really special. She gave me a wonderful nightgown that I will take with me to John Campbell Folk School Friday.

My friend, A, sent me a lovely card and a candle and my friend, V, sent me a wonderful card welcoming me to my 60s.
When I got to work this morning I found that the gang had gone all out for my birthday! My office was swathed in toilet paper (one of the girls had left the crepe paper at home by mistake so they had to “make do”), I had a zillion cards and confetti was all over everything. Framing this wonder were two huge balloon trees!

Later in the day my present from my son arrived – a lovely Edible Arrangement of fruits with yet another mylar balloon! And on the heels of D’s present came a present from my friend, S – five mylar balloons, one appropriately black!
The girls took me out to lunch – we picked up Vietnamese – YUM!! And we had birthday cake at 2:00 – angel food cake with sliced strawberries and whipped cream!
T and B took me to Red Lobster for my birthday dinner and I had 1-1/2 pounds of crab legs!! And T arranged with the waitress to bring me cake and ice cream and sing Happy Birthday to me! They also gave me a wonderful set of slippers and creams for my feet and a cute fall decoration for the house. I have certainly had a very memorable birthday!

No comments: