Friday, September 12, 2008

Mystery Stole #4 - Clue #1

I have been knitting MS4 Clue #1 all last week. This is my first KAL - knit along - and the first time I have knit with beads.

The choosing of the yarn and the beads was very intense with knitters all over the world chiming in about their selections. I chose a mystery yarn - for my mystery stole - from my stash. The instructions said to use a laceweight yarn but this happens to be a fingering weight. I'm glad I chose to use the thicker yarn - the stole would not be wide enough for my taste if I hadn't.
I contacted Lydia from Beadwrangler and sent her a piece of my yarn and she chose beads for me. I was very impressed with her service and her bead choices. However, once I received the beads, size 8 per the instructions, they proved to be too tiny for my fingering weight yarn... There wasn't time for another order from Lydia so I chose some beads from Michaels. However the store only had two tubes - I used one whole tube on Clue #1 - so I went to another Michaels and bought the entire 5 tubes they had. Hopefully this will be enough! KAL are certainly fun and I'll have a lovely stole when I'm done!

No comments: