Tuesday, December 16, 2008



Saturday, December 13, 2008 I went to the Weaver’s of Orlando luncheon at Antonio’s Italian Restaurant in Maitland, FL. It was a lovely luncheon with great food and even better company. The meal started with a lovely salad of baby greens with a light dressing. You had your choice of two dishes: chicken stuffed with Fontina cheese and prosciutto or a pasta dish. My friend, Joy, told me that the chicken would be the less caloric of the two so I believed her and ordered that. I have now eaten all of my allotted calories until Wednesday of next week… Then we had trays of candy for dessert. The weavers also had a raffle so I bought 6 tickets for $5. I, who never win anything, won TWICE!! I gave away my second win so someone else could have a chance. I did get some lovely yarn – camel in a very pretty warm, natural brown shade and a nubby cotton/linen in an unbleached shade. I’m sure I can use them both. Then we had a gift exchange. It had to be something hand-made. I gave away a flat basket that I had made many moons ago. I got two knitted dishcloths made by Thelma who is in our weaving class. These dishcloths will never see a dish – they are suitable for washing the queen only!


I was very pleased and the recipient of the basket seemed pleased too! I sat across from Gloria and Jim and they were fascinating. Both in their 80s and still going strong. He does blacksmithing at Barberville where there is a craft village of life in olden times. I had gone there many moons ago with my father and I would love to go again. One of these days... Anyway, I had a wonderful time and sure won't miss another one!

Then I went on to Georgia's house. She was having a knitting get together. I picked up some flowers - carnations but they had been dyed a pretty salmon color - and some cookies and off I went. We had a lovely time. Most of the women from the Knit or Knot knitting guild were there and conversation was lively as it always is with those ladies J I got there around 3:00 and we all left around 4:30. Very nice.

I have made a mistake with MS4. Apparently I only moved ONE side of the pattern marker and did not move the other side. No telling when I made this error… So I am going to have to rip or tink. I think if I put in a lifeline about 4 rows down I should be able to rip down to that. I don’t know if I can put in a lifeline after the fact but it seems logical.

I am currently working on the Ann McCauley square on the GAAA. I love those baubles! They are such fun to knit! I finished the Janet Martin square. These squares are certainly challenging but a lot of fun.

No comments: