Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Woven Scarf

I finished my woven scarf! It has been magically transformed into a table runner for the dining room table:


I was baffled and confused about what to do with the fringe. My teacher, J, suggested using a two pronged twirly thing that twists the fringe. Since I don't own one of those - yet - I tried HAND TWISTING the fringe on my sample piece. Not a fun process :) As you can see the fringe has been left loose:



It is 3-1/2" long. I was afraid the hemstitching wasn't tight enough but it seems to hold together just fine.

I will be driving to Convergence - a weaver's convention that is taking place in Tampa this year - on Friday, June 27, 2008. I have a long shopping list: 22" raddle, another boat shuttle, warping board, and yarn. I am really looking forward to attending this weaver's shopping paradise!


In other news, I finished another block of the GAAA:
This is the Dagmara Berztiss block. Once my good friend, J, taught me how to knit cables without a cable needle this block was a lot of fun! I learned how to ptbl - purl through the back loop! The wonderful thing is that both squares are very similar in size.






2 comments:

Purl Buttons said...

I am so impressed with your scarf. It is so lovely that I wish I could see it in person. Your GAAA squares look great! You are so talented.
M.

StCroixLady said...

Thank you! I doubt it's talent you're seeing - perseverance more likely! And it really takes lots of stay with it when using a table loom... Miss you!